Thursday, March 15, 2012

KatLocs Picture/Interview

Tuesday, January 31, 2012


my new tam

I'm not really feeling the colors. I occasionally like to wear bright colors but this is too much yellow. I do like that it can hold all my hair. I wasn't expecting that. 

Monday, January 23, 2012


Knowing

v008

January 14, 2012 was my lockaversy. I've had locks for 6 years! Wow. This is the post where I ramble about dreads and my journey and blah, blah. blah.

I knew I wanted dreads when I first saw them on TV. I can't remember who I first saw with dreads. It was just something I just KNEW. There are only 3 things I knew for sure I wanted in life. Dreadlocks was one and going away to college was the other. I did both of those. I still have one thing left to do. I can't reveal it until it happens. :)

I was too young to think about hair discrimination and all that. I had already made my mind up. Once I know what I want, I go after it. (The problem is knowing what I want...) I know this may sound corny or whatever but I'm still proud of myself for getting dreads and yes, going away to college. I have one more semi-major thing to do.

/end ramble

I washed my hair this weekend. Because I haven't done any maintenance since June, my dreads are starting to fuse together. I think I'm going to stock up on hair gel and hair pins and do maintenance the next time I wash my hair. It will take forever to separate my dreads. Blah.
**Permission pending to use in book*** Permission given by Katlocs Blog March 18, 2012 YEAH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Why The Modern-Day Woman Is Ill and/or Angry

I COME TO PROCLAIM THE GREATNESS AND BUEATY OF WOMEN AND WOMANHOOD Are you a victim of Eve Syndrome? Never heard of this before huh? There i...