Monday, March 12, 2012

tterren Tumblr Interview and Picture Submission for book

Terren Tears
Why I wear & Love Dreadlocks.
I wear dreadlocks because they’re beautiful and they naturally suit me. They represent who I am as a black woman in terms of appearance. It represents me being me and not who the world tried to force me to be to “fit” in. I’d rather stand out than be something I’m not. I wear dreadlocks because it represent’s my strength and success over my complexities as a child struggling with my identity as a black female. What beauty means to me and what should determine it. I love my locs because they are ME - unique, natural, beautiful, strong and growing in the right direction.


tterren is also a writer and I thank her for sharing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Why The Modern-Day Woman Is Ill and/or Angry

I COME TO PROCLAIM THE GREATNESS AND BUEATY OF WOMEN AND WOMANHOOD Are you a victim of Eve Syndrome? Never heard of this before huh? There i...