Friday, March 23, 2012

Testimonies: Why I decided to loc my hair/go natural

Gizelle L Mitchell: I went natural because I felt it was time I embraced who I am (a young dark-skin black girl with kinky hair). My hair was relaxed since I was 10-yrs old and I've always felt uncomfortable with the weave, braids and the long hours spent waiting to get my hair relaxed. Plus I hated that I always had to run from the rain or that I couldn't really enjoy the beach because I didn't want to get my hair wet! I love that I can relax now that my hair isn't relaxed! My natural hair has given me the confidence I never had when my hair was straight.
Tonita Lawson: I went natural because I was tired of the weaves and braids. This is the best hair decision I ever made! www.locaccents.blogspot.com
Tricia Farquharson: Honestly I went natural kind of by accident lol. I was trying to give my hair a break from that"cream crack" and had so much natural growth I said why not. I always thought locs and natural hair brought out the True beauty in a woman and I wanted to be a part of that. It's been a little over 4yrs and it has been the BEST decision I have ever mad when it comes to my hair. I would never go back to having a perm even if I decided to stop locing my hair. It's what makes me,me :)
Tamara Scott: I went natural because it was hurting my student budget to get my hair done every 2 weeks at the salon. I started getting my hair braided and my sisters who were already natural convinced me to keep cutting off the perm on my ends. Once I did that and started twisting my own hair I never looked back. In the fall of 2008, I decided to loc my hair. Its the best decision I ever made for my hair!
Robin Morgan: I went natural because every year around the same time my hair would break off really bad, so I would cut it short. Well one yr I cut it short and everytime I went to the salon I cut it shorter and shorter till it was nothing but a brush cut. I wore that for 6 yrs. Loved it.. started loc'ing 6 yrs ago, best decision I ever made. My hair is the longest its ever been and healthy. This past summer my baby daughter did the big cut off and she loves it.
Ladyshan Mitchell: I've tried perm, braids, weave about twice....My favourite was duh natural looking braids but it only lasted for so long...I've permed a few times but it never worked out well for me cuz I guess I couldn't manage it on my own...I've always loved locks but my family had a misconception of people who wore dreadlocks...I can still hear my dad saying "not as long as you are living under this roof,when you living in your own place and working for your own money you can grow dreadz" but its funny though how ppl always refered to me as a Rasta especially when I wore the natural looking braids...so after battling with natural hair ..having to wash it and sit and braid it for hours....which I can tell you it's no walk in the park...my sister Gizelle L Mitchell can testify to the that....I Finally decided in the year 09 to go after my dream of growing dreadlocks...and the more it grows the more I fall in love with it...I must say it's not an ez road especially in the beginning stage there were times I felt like chopping it off but you just have to leave and let it take it's course and stop worrying about it getting long or anticipating the arrival of long hair cuz trust me it can send you crazy...The most enjoyable time with dreadlocks is when it's short...and what I love about it the most is that you can do anything with it and not having to worrying about it breaking up or so...you dont have to worry about any special shampoo........cuz its DREADLOCKS...
Mo Tucker: I went natural bc after I gave birth 2 my daughter my body changed... When I tried 2 relax it it felt like my hair was literally on fire and then it would fall out till I had spotty bald spots so I was like either I'm going 2 continue this way and hope it gets better or stop with relaxer all 2gether.... That was 9 years ago and I'm so glad and I'm never going back.. Even had a few friends go natural bc of me
Alces Terry: I decided to go natural after being tired of paying for wigs and weaves...my journey was better than I expected. I am so happy I went natural.
Lawrence Blamo: I went natural because I wanted to try something new. My locs tell a story about pain and suffering...but also about great life experiences and happiness. I really like the process of seeing my hair grow from lil some twist to nice lovely locs
Jaleon TheAlien Jones: I went natural cuz after getting perms since the age of 8, it gets old. plus my hair was breaking off and thinning from weaves. So after doing my research for a couple months I walked in a Walmart salon lol and told this girl to cut off my hair even all around at the new growth...she was like, HUH? lol but she did it and I felt good about it. Ain't went back since and that was in july 2007. bow!
Tashyra Steed: I did it because I hated my perm and knew it was time for a change. I love my natural and will never go back to chemicals
Lisa Jay: I went natural because I was tired of my hair growing then breaking off with relaxers. I got tired of putting relaxers in my hair and wanted a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Why The Modern-Day Woman Is Ill and/or Angry

I COME TO PROCLAIM THE GREATNESS AND BUEATY OF WOMEN AND WOMANHOOD Are you a victim of Eve Syndrome? Never heard of this before huh? There i...