Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Loc Mania by: adventuresofchaka from Tumblr

Since I began this journey I have been consumed with my quest for the perfect head of locs.  During this first month I had moments of anxiety over whether or not I had a good number of locs, whether my parts were even, if my locs would grow to the thickness I desired. I know I know so many useless worries but hey I’ve been dealing with loose hair for 3 1/2 years so this is a totally new thinking process for me. I’m always on fotki, tumblr, and YT drooling over the locs of countless others and simultaneously hoping and praying that mine turn out that lovely as well.
I’m happy to say that I didn’t encounter any problems last night during my wash and retwist. My hair feels amazing and Taliah Waajid Lock it up gel is the business. My roots are shiny and have great hold while still having a lot of movement.  I cleaned up my parts very well if I do say so myself and I even split one twist in two earlier yesterday. I just thought it would have made a ridiculously large loc compared to the medium sized ones I want to have.
My routine is shaping up to be very very simple which I love. With loose hair there are always so many products to try and so many price points it takes a lot of trial and error to figure out what works. Since I’m a broke college student I tend to pick products based on the price and ingredient list mostly. But I’ve also learned that “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” meaning if I find a product that works well and doesn’t leave buildup even if the ingredients aren’t “all natural” I’ll use that mess until Jesus comes. Right now I’m focusing on finding a good moisturizing shampoo and clarifying shampoo along with a very moisturizing conditioner. Creme of Nature is awesome and affordable and until I see otherwise that’s what I’ll use. Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor is my protein conditioner (I started my locs on previously color treated hair).  Lock it up will be my go to retwist product until it runs out and Profective Growth oil or my other natural oils will be used as well. That’s it though.

I was given permission to use this loc journey and I thank the author for letting me use it to give others a glimpse into the mind and world of the everyday loc wearer. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Why The Modern-Day Woman Is Ill and/or Angry

I COME TO PROCLAIM THE GREATNESS AND BUEATY OF WOMEN AND WOMANHOOD Are you a victim of Eve Syndrome? Never heard of this before huh? There i...