Monday, June 4, 2012

You Don't Know Jack Interview

The idea behind my book is to have interviews with people from all walks of life speaking in their own voice about their love of dreadlocks and Jack opens up and lets us drift into his world. When I asked him if I could use a post of his this was his reply:
Yea of course you can :) but first i just wanna ask what context its gonna be used in and can i see your finished project ? If its about dreads hair and culture and social stuff i’m sure it will make a very good read ! :D :D I see you need interviews and stuff if u want i'll do that, can give you pictures and whatever u need from me basically :) I'll be happy to help !!
 So Let me introduce you to Jack.
Hello my name is Jack im 20 years young nearly 21, i like longboarding, chilling in the sun, smoking the reefer, partying with my mates and playing dem irie vibrations.

1. How old are your dreads? - On the 16th of september 2012 they will be 3 years young.
2. How many dreadlocks do you have? - 86
3. How long are they? - They come down to around my nipples :P
4. Why did you decide to get them? - Cause i love dreadlocks and i feel it wash the last piece of my own physical puzzle once i got them my journey of self discovery began.
5. How did everyone respond to them? - Negatively at first but after time everyone gets over it.
6. What do you LOVE  about your dreads? - Everything
7. What do you dislike about them? - Nothing really, some loose hair i suppose oh and some that are going flat !
8. What are some of your pet peeves that come with having dreads? - How long they take to try and how heavy they are when wet.
9. Have you ever dyed them? Do you want to? If so, what colour? - I have have never dyed them, i might do but i dunno.
10. Do you do any daily maintenance to your dreads? What are the steps included? - I dont do anything to my dreads, i twist and rip the loose hair into new dreads.
11. What dreadlock products do you stand by and why? - Errrr, i was my hair with bi carbonate of soda and that’s it.
12. Which products do you regret trying? - Wax.
13. What method did you use to start your locks? - My dreads were started with backcombing and wax, a bit of dread and a bit of bees.
14. How much did it cost to get them done? - Nothing man, dreads are free.
15. What compliments have you ever received about your dreads? - People saying they are nice and stuff
16. Have you Influenced anyone to start their own dread journey? - I have done 8 other peoples dreadlocks, so yea i would say i have influenced a few people.
17. Are you happy with how your dreadlocks look? - Yes :)
18. What would you change about your locks if you could go back in time? - Errrr, i dunno man. I dont think anything.
19. How do you normally style/wear your dreads? - Down i suppose.
20. How do you envision you and your dreads 5 years from now? Will you still even have them? I imagine they will be much longer :) Of course ill still have them. NATTY FOR LIFE !
Jack - http://dreadmanjack.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Why The Modern-Day Woman Is Ill and/or Angry

I COME TO PROCLAIM THE GREATNESS AND BUEATY OF WOMEN AND WOMANHOOD Are you a victim of Eve Syndrome? Never heard of this before huh? There i...