Tuesday, August 12, 2014

TODAY in tribute to Mike Brown

 


I look into the mirror today
I don’t think I’ll ever feel the same way
My brown skin hunted by the law
Most ridiculous thing I ever saw
My brother, my kin killed, for no reason
In this ‘afraid of’ masculine black male season
Riots, looting, cursing, shooting?
No, this can’t be due to just some melatonin
There has to be a cause some God awful sin
You mean to tell me just to walk the city streets
We have to worry and fear our tax payed heat?
My genitals don’t hang they don’t even swing
But I am connected to this horror this terrible thing
I am a black woman seeing my potential mates killed
The color of my skin my tragic fate has sealed
No this is not true it can be no way real
The news, ensues - showing; a mother’s blues
Her son laid slain on the streets like a bundle of waste
And now you look at the people protesting with haste
What shall I do, think, say, or pray?
Even the youngest of humanity knows it shouldn’t be this way.
#R.I.P #MikeBrown #Poetry #BlackMan #Shooting #Anderson #Missouri #Vigil #Police

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Why The Modern-Day Woman Is Ill and/or Angry

I COME TO PROCLAIM THE GREATNESS AND BUEATY OF WOMEN AND WOMANHOOD Are you a victim of Eve Syndrome? Never heard of this before huh? There i...