Sunday, August 10, 2014

Love me Love my Hair

"Do not say you love my hair if you only “love” it when I have styled it to resemble someone else’s hair texture. If you love my hair, you love my kinky fro, my 2 strand twists, my squashed bed-head. Not just my locs (which you refused to call as such, and referred to them constantly as “braids”), not the wigs and weaves which looks like I scalped a white girl and popped it on my head to try to assimilate, and not just the micros. You need to love my hair the way it is, because it has taken me too long to do just that, for you to try and destroy what confidence I have in my kinks and coils." by Ambitiously-lazy.tumblr.com

You would think no one would say they loved your hair and then proceed to tell you how you would look better with permed hair or weave, but it happened to me a month ago.

Talking on a somewhat friendly basis, a man my age thought I was just beautiful so it came as a surprise when he began to ask me did I try different hairstyles. I said yes I wear my dreads different ways. he proceeded to say how he like blonde weave and weave down to the butt. I almost began my natural hair how wonderful it is sermon, but I know it would be wasted on a man who like butt length blonde weave. the only thing left to say was "buh-bye."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Why The Modern-Day Woman Is Ill and/or Angry

I COME TO PROCLAIM THE GREATNESS AND BUEATY OF WOMEN AND WOMANHOOD Are you a victim of Eve Syndrome? Never heard of this before huh? There i...