Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Dreadlock Knows No Color Charlotte's Interview

So this is me with my dreads  I'm from Manchester, UK, but I'm actually living in Perth. WA Australia. I've loved the idea of having dreads since I can't remember how old I was. I never really until some people pointed it out believed dreads to be a hairstyle that belongs to only one group of people. I've seen people of all colors, shapes and sizes with dreadlocks throughout my life. I have incredibly thin hair which for the most part of my life I have been super conscious about and because of that I never thought I would even be able to dread my hair cause I'd barely have any.

I've cut my hair so many different ways in the past and dyed it so many different colors, but was never quite satisfied. One day just on impulse I was like f*** it and just did it, I did them myself and couldn't have been happier. I love them so much, I've not done all my hair because I wanted to leave some but I'm gonna do it all now.

People around me love them and can tell that I'm so much happier with them than any haircut or color I'v had in the past. Some people give me grief for it, call me a racist etc., but I don't see it like that. I just adore dreadlocks and have never really wanted my hair any other way. They do draw quite a bit of attention whilst I'm out, mostly people saying they love them and envy my confidence to just go for it and do it, but some not always good, quite often you get people asking 'do you wash?' Or 'have you ever showered since you did your hair?' Which is frustrating because it's rather rude and people are just generalizing people with dreads as smelly and unhygienic!

 I want to share the message that we're not smelly! We do wash! And we're definitely not racist! I just love dreads :)

Thank you so much for sharing with us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Why The Modern-Day Woman Is Ill and/or Angry

I COME TO PROCLAIM THE GREATNESS AND BUEATY OF WOMEN AND WOMANHOOD Are you a victim of Eve Syndrome? Never heard of this before huh? There i...