Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Profiling People With Dreadlocks Must Stop Now

       I will not beat around the bush on this post. Not too long ago white people use to look at people with locs as though they were a criminal just released from jail. Someone to be feared because of a hairstyle. No longer will the profiling of the black man or woman by their hair. Dreadlocks have gone mainstream from CE'O, professors, nurses, to every other type of profession you can think of.

            Little did I know when I began this project actually how many people would embrace dreadlocks. it has been amazing. I believe this fascination with nappy locs will continue and my #DreadlockProject will have a lasting impact also for those who wear locs and for those who don't.

             I am continually thankful to all that are participating and saying encouraging words as I try to complete my ‪#‎dreadlockproject‬ before January 2015. This I must admit is a labor of love because I love my loc wearers and ‪#‎dreadlocks‬ I am slowly but surely getting pictures from all around the world. I decided to share how many different parts of the world have participated already. I have several pictures from the same (duplicate representation) state/country; which I will still use. There are certain states I am still waiting to hear from. Come on and show your loc love.
London -                        New York -                           California
Canada -                        Georgia -                               Philadelphia
Japan -                           Oregon -                                Florida
Kenya -                         Mississippi -                          Missouri
Amsterdam -                 Louisiana -                            New Jersey
Haiti -                           Pennsylvania -                       Wyoming
Sweden -                      Washington, DC -                  Illinois
Argentina -                   Ohio
Palestine -                    Michigan
Australia -                    Maryland
Italy -                           South Carolina
Bahamas -                  Massachusetts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Why The Modern-Day Woman Is Ill and/or Angry

I COME TO PROCLAIM THE GREATNESS AND BUEATY OF WOMEN AND WOMANHOOD Are you a victim of Eve Syndrome? Never heard of this before huh? There i...