Wednesday, March 23, 2022

INTERVIEW: Miah Sims, womanhood

 WELCOME to WEDNESDAY WITH WOMEN

 

Miah Sims is a content creator and is the first, I hope in a long list of many women, to tackle Womanhood in the 21st Century. At present, America is undergoing the first Supreme Court confirmation process of the first African American woman, Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson. On March 22, 2022, Mrs. Jackson was asked by Senator Marsha Blackburn to define what is a WOMAN and she declined to do so, in the context presented in that particular question. The question asked if biological males should be allowed to participate in Olympic sports events if they identified as a woman? Miah Sims has chosen to address the question of womanhood for my blog. I hope you as a reader can understand how important this defining is to women.

1.      At what age do you believe you became a woman?

I honestly believe I became a woman when I had children, so at 17. I say this because I learned that womanhood comes with sacrifice. There is no greater sacrifice than being a mom in my opinion.

2.      Did you have a role model of womanhood?

At one point I did, my godmother, Denise. She came into my life when I was 11 years old and was the best example I could have of a mom.

3.      Have family, friends, romantic interest want you to meet a traditional/Biblical/stereotypical role or definition of a woman?

My family especially wants me to be the epitome of the “stereotypical woman.” That’s just not me unfortunately. I still uphold moral values, but I feel like the stereotypical woman settles and that has never been my personality. Being married young, I have learned you have to do what works best for you, not what everyone else tells you.

4.      Can you describe what womanhood means generally or personally to you?

Womanhood to me means a consistent journey of self-evaluation, sacrifice, and evolution. Womanhood isn’t defined by one thing; it’s defined by your journey.

5.      Do you believe men want a traditionally feminine wife/girlfriend without a career?

I personally feel like men sometimes want that traditional wife/girlfriend, but it’s a subconscious decision. They are taught, they have to provide, and be out in the world by themselves. The generation we live in today is not like that. There are so many opportunities women have and it takes pressure off the spouse. My husband and I have adapted, we help one another. God didn’t give me gifts for me just to be a homemaker.

6.      Is womanhood best demonstrated through motherhood?

I feel like it depends on the situation. I believe womanhood should be demonstrated through motherhood. Not everyone has a picture-perfect situation, because every female is not born a mother.

7.      Do you consider yourself a Feminist (believe men and women should have equal rights and opportunities)?

I wouldn't necessarily say I am a feminist. I just stand up for what I believe is right/wrong beyond gender.

 

A big thanks to Miah for sharing her thoughts and opinions on Womanhood in the 21st Century. Please support her by visiting her at:

 

Instagram:  https://www.instagram.com/everythingmiahsims

YouTube:  https://m.youtube.com/c/EverythingMiahSims 

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE FEATURED IN AN INTERVIEW FOR THIS BLOG CONTACT ME AT: rizerfall@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Why The Modern-Day Woman Is Ill and/or Angry

I COME TO PROCLAIM THE GREATNESS AND BUEATY OF WOMEN AND WOMANHOOD Are you a victim of Eve Syndrome? Never heard of this before huh? There i...