Monday, March 21, 2022

What Makes Me Angry and Sin-g?


The Sound of Music has a famous song "These are a few of my favorite things" and it is such a cheery song filled with cute little things. I bet you're humming it right now. How sweet.

In the movie a family's newfound happiness is interrupted by Hitler and his need for dominance through war. 

Country music is often the brunt of jokes because the man is always left by his woman or dog. People are waiting for the country song where the self-driving car leaves the poor old cowboy. On the other hand, any and everything can happen to you in Blues songs without anyone making fun of you. Elton John said, I Guess That's Why They Call Them the Blues and we all nod with understanding.

If I was able to make a list of things that upset me, it would be something like this and I don't think there is a song for them yet, or maybe...:

 1. Fake News: There is no spin because it is all mean, divisive, brainwashing, calculated fabrication and twisting of words and deeds. But do I watch it regularly? You bet. It is like a car wreck; I just can't believe the destruction and injury right in front of me. You stare in awe and shock unable to process the carnage. It is shocking and sad at the same time. SONG: Tell Me lies tell me sweet little lies by Fleetwood Mac

I watch because I also want to know what dangerous people are thinking and talking about. When the media can rouse people to do violent things that is mind control and manipulation for a bad motive. What happened to people being decent just because? Fake News has a right to exist, and I have the right to disagree with their opinions on current events. Even stating you dislike their cable broadcasts opens a person up for brutal attacks by its faithful viewers. Fake News is a money-making machine and there is no water too deep for them to wade into for a dollar. SONG: For the Love of Money by The O'Jays

 2. RACISM: I believe racism should have been classified as a mental illness by now. It is a state of living that hurts/hinders happy living for the sufferer and those around them. The racist does not believe their life is affected by racist ideology and that's how mental illness works. The sufferer cannot realize the affects the illness is having on their own lives. Violent crimes including murder has been executed by people with an aversion or out and out hate for a person because of the color of their skin. Once the violence is executed upon the person of color it is called a hate crime, but mental health intervention should have occurred beforehand. Family knew racism was skewing their family member's thoughts to the point of potential violence, but believed it was "normal" hate with no possible consequences. Racists normalize hate. Isn't that ABNORMAL? SONG: Black or White by Michael Jackson

 3. SEXISM: As a Christian woman, it has become apparent that any defense that I present in regard to women and religion is called Feminist Theology. Labeling a woman as a feminist if she declares a right to an occupation, she is qualified for deemed/claimed solely for men by men and want equal pay for said occupation is supposed to be an insult. There is no such word for men when they choose an occupation, they believe they are qualified to have. Women do not have a woman ONLY occupation. SONG: I'm A Woman by Peggy Lee

Take some of this: I am a perfectly formed woman that God (not Satan) gave a functioning brain that enjoys the Bible, Salvation, etc., and I am not afraid to open my mouth and witness, preach, teach, counsel, anyone in need. That is that and I don't care how you label it. To be a Christian requires ACTION and oh, boy am I active!!!! SONG: Eye of the Tiger by Survivor
 4. MENTAL HEALTH: We continue to live in an era where the majority of those incarcerated in prison have mental health issues that we have not yet learned how to address. We have a growing homeless population also suffering from mental health issues and we can't decide what to do with them either. I understand mental illness is a difficult illness to manage and can be costly. There is not a quick fix, but the stance of ignoring it does not work. If there can be education and intervention early in growth and development of people maybe there can be better outcomes. SONG: Everybody Hurts by REM

We do physical exams on children monitoring their growth and development. Maybe there should be mental health physicals yearly as well for children or at doctor appointments for those with a family history of mental health issues and readily available resources to intervene with little or no cost. SONG: The Greatest Love of All by Whitney Houston

We ARE doing better at taking the stigma out of having mental health issues, but the statistics prove there are many suffering mentally and are more than likely falling through the gap. SONG: One by Three Dog Night
5. MY OLD SELF: I have spent a lot of years somehow focused on doing what was right and expected of me and not doing a thing that I wanted to do. Move over world. I am going for the absolutely crazy things that I want to do and you don't have to like it, agree with it, or approve it. Get all of the labels out and dust them off. I am on a mission to be ME and enjoy it. Look out for me doing the one thing I really love, speaking up and out about WOMEN. SONG: I Am Woman by Helen Reddy

I have found myself in many male dominated fields of employment (military/Seminary). At many times there was conflict with me being there. Because I clashed it was easy to think the problem was me and I may have had a problem with authority figures because I was always under the instruction of men. Then it was easy to believe I was in a place I should not be if it's such a daily struggle. Now I have written a book about manhood throughout history and I am being told I can't have such a book because I am a woman. SONG: Happy by Pharrell Williams

6.  GIVING UP: We are all on our own individual journey and we are to live it out. Opposition is always the partner of great things. We see success and believe it happened overnight when there has been years of struggle and rejection and many who did not have the opportunity to see their work flourish, but they gave it their all. SONG: Don't Stop Me Now by Queen

We shouldn't give up on politics when our party doesn't win and we shouldn't become so loyal to a particular party until it hurts our Democracy. We should continue to not tolerate racism and sexism and protect each individual's right to exist. We should continue to learn mental health matters and its just another part of being healthy. Mental illness is not a shortcoming or flaw or something to not acknowledge. It is just another illness or health issue to address as one of the many illnesses the human body may have to confront in life. We all should strive to live our most authentic lives living into our gifts and talents enriching our own lives and the lives of others. SONG: What A Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong 
The things that make you mad should make you better. Two wrongs never make a right. I have witnessed women who feel mistreated by men become women who strongly dislike men and vice versa. This does not make the woman or man better, just bitter. How can one show up in the world in a healthy way being bitter? The Bible says in Ephesians 4:26 "Be angry, yet do not sin." Wise words to live by. I say be angry and sin-g. SONG: What the World Needs Now by Dionne Warwick 

So I ask you, WHAT MAKES YOU ANGRY and is there a song for that?    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Why The Modern-Day Woman Is Ill and/or Angry

I COME TO PROCLAIM THE GREATNESS AND BUEATY OF WOMEN AND WOMANHOOD Are you a victim of Eve Syndrome? Never heard of this before huh? There i...