Wednesday, June 8, 2022

INTRVIEW: Genna Rowbotham, Author

INTERVIEW: Genna Rowbotham, Author

WELCOME TO WEDNESDAY WITH WOMEN

Creativity and imagination is what it takes to write books for children along with a healthy dose of love and children's book author, Genna Rowbotham, fills that requirement with extra to spare. One look at her magical book covers let you know you're about to enter a world only she could dream up for little ones to enjoy. She extends an opportunity for parent and child to escape the seriousness of life and allow children to be children in short stories made to entertain while weaving lessons to help the reader grow. You can tell by Genna's smile she is meant to bring a smile to the reader's face and if you look close, you can see the sparkle of magic in her eyes.   

                                                        



1.       What is the name of your book/genre?

My latest children’s novel ‘The Wish Fairy of Stoney Middleton’ is a short story about a young girl called, Jessie who is heartbroken over the loss of her much-loved horse, Cleo. At school, she daydreams of Cleo and is desperate for her to be alive and well again, so when the English teacher tells her to write a story, she creates a magical tale about a Wish Fairy that can grant wishes. The trouble is things don’t go exactly to plan... The story is full of magic and teaches young and old about love, loss, and the magic of wishes.

2.       When did you start your writing career?

My career began in the secretarial field until becoming a full-time Mum, but thoughts of writing a children’s book would often pop into my head. Usually, when I was reading stories to my own children. At the time, I didn’t think it was something possible for me and hadn’t a clue how I would go about it. But whenever I mentioned writing a book, my husband would say, ‘Just do it!’ So I did. In 2017, I took the plunge, and I have been writing ever since. I have learnt so much since back then, but you never stop learning and there is so much to learn in the publishing world.

3.       Did you have support from family/friends/community?

Yes, especially my husband. If it hadn’t been for his constant love, support and faith in me I might have given up. He believed in me when I didn’t and encouraged me to keep going.

4.       What is most difficult about an author’s life?

Writing can be very time-consuming but as a busy Mum, I love the flexibility of working my own hours and I have always loved the world of books, so I count myself lucky doing the job that I love. Creating stories for children to enjoy is very rewarding.

5.       As a woman do you feel an obligation to write on women’s issues (in some form)?

No. I am more drawn to entertaining children through my books and hopefully, they can learn some life issues/lessons that might help them along the way.

6.       Do you create stereotypical female characters i.e., weak, need to be saved?

No, not at all. I write different characters with different problems regardless of gender. They might have weaknesses in some form but that helps them to learn and grow as their character evolves throughout the story.

7.       Do you try to be politically correct or stay away from politics/controversial current event as plots?

It’s not something I’ve consciously thought about writing children’s books. But I’m not interested in writing about politics/controversial current events as plots. There are far more exciting stories to be told.

8.       What makes a woman a success?

Not trying to fit into any role model but being yourself and following your own unique path – whatever makes you happy. Challenging yourself often. Creating goals and passionately striving for them. Being confident in your own skin. Independence. Respect for oneself. Courage.

I hope you enjoyed today's interview and hope it encourages you to follow your dream of writting. Please support Genna and go to her links below and check out her work and share with friends and family. 

If you would like to be featured on WEDNESDAY WITH WOMEN, it's easy. Contact me at: rizerfall@yahoo.com for the details.

www.gennarowbotham.co.uk

https://twitter.com/GennaRowbotham

The Wish Fairy of Stoney Middleton by Genna Rowbotham | Goodreads

The Wish Fairy of Stoney Middleton eBook : Rowbotham, Genna: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Why The Modern-Day Woman Is Ill and/or Angry

I COME TO PROCLAIM THE GREATNESS AND BUEATY OF WOMEN AND WOMANHOOD Are you a victim of Eve Syndrome? Never heard of this before huh? There i...