Thursday, May 24, 2012

Tina Tucker Interview

Here is an interview of a woman coming full circle with her hair and her spirit. Living life is a journey. Living life loving locs is a journey filled with surprises and enlightenment about self and how you interact with living life. So, let's all say thank you to Tina for sharing her life living and loving locs.

I've had my hair every way imaginable; long relaxed hair, short relaxed hair, micros, cornrows, kinky twists, weaved up, TWA, braid and twists outs, even an attempt at locs. I mean every way!

I first went natural in 2002 at the age of 19. I was ready for it. I still defined my beauty by my outward appearance and I hated it! I covered up my TWA with hats and scarfs but I began to get more comfortable as it grew out and began to experiment with different natural styles. The task became too much for me so I relaxed my hair again in 2005.

Within months it began to break off! So I went back to a short relaxed style. The cycle of cutting it, wearing braids and weaves while it grew out for it to break off again continued.

In 2010, after wearing a weave for about a year, I was ready to loc it up. A tragic event in my life is what pushed me to do it. I had to let some things about myself go and give the rest to God. When I started my locs I was finally free from others judgement and opinions of me. I loved me for real for the first time and I finally understood God's love for me. I accepted me. I was free to be me the way God made me. And oh how my sprit has grown right along with my babies and I'm so very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Why The Modern-Day Woman Is Ill and/or Angry

I COME TO PROCLAIM THE GREATNESS AND BUEATY OF WOMEN AND WOMANHOOD Are you a victim of Eve Syndrome? Never heard of this before huh? There i...