Sunday, April 14, 2024

Are You Beautiful or Cute?

One thing I have noticed is that people call me CUTE. I will go shopping and people will say, "Oh, your hair is so cute, or your outfit is so cute." I have never heard anyone say, "Oh, my gosh, you are so beautiful." When I was in my early 40's, I wondered why I was called CUTE and not beautiful and was there a difference?

The first definition of cute is appealing in a pretty or endearing way. I believe when women compliment me and call me cute, they find what I'm wearing and how I chose to put my outfit together along with the way I styled my hair - pretty. My fashion style is a little boho mixed with a little mischief or eccentricity. I like to wear something a little surprising. Whether that is the costume jewelry I choose, shoes, or purse I wear, I try to wear at least one thing a little eye catching, and even my hair may be the focal point. So, I guess CUTE may be the appropriate response.

But MEN always call me CUTE. They usually have a mischievous smile when they say I am CUTE which somehow always made/makes me blush and also have a mischievous smile. I could/can never understand what was going on with this type of exchange. That is until I saw the second definition for CUTE. The second definition for cute is sexually attractive. Wow! Now I'm even more perplexed. Men call me CUTE but never BEAUTIFUL. Why?

There is no shortage of beautiful people. There are the naturally beautiful people then there are the ASSISSTED beautiful people (cosmetic surgery). I did a blog post about beautiful people being winners. 

According to some research, people who are perceived as attractive may have an advantage in life. For example, attractive people may:
  • Be more likely to get hired for jobs.
  • Have stronger social skills.
  • Be considered more dominant, sexually warm, mentally healthy, and intelligent.
  • Be more likely to get elected to public office.
  • Have an advantage in getting jobs, career advancement, salary, and tips.
  • Receive more positive responses when dating.
  • Have lower life pressures.
Beautiful people enjoy more perks than cute people. To be considered beautiful means you are pleasing to the senses or mind aesthetically or of a very high standard; excellent. So, being labeled as cute means I am not pleasing to the senses, yet I'm considered sexy. That's strange. Don't men want to have sex with a person who is pleasing to the senses?
The word CUTE definitely doesn't exude sex appeal on its own, but it's a positive word. Just because people associate the word with kids (My husband does hate when I call him cute) and small animals doesn't mean its degrading. Cute has two completely different meanings. A cute girl is not the same as a cute child. Therefore, if you're cute, you are attractive and desirable in your own way. Some boys find a cute girl attractive, fascinating, and possibly a sexual turn-on. They may also feel a sense of pride if a cute girl returns their interest and attention. They may be subconsciously anticipating that cuteness will grow into adult beauty. So, I guess men believe one day I'll become beautiful?
“Evolutionary psychology theory holds that men value current fertility (found in the body) more in a short-term mate and reproductive value (found in the face) in the long term.” Men like BEAUTIFUL women more so for their body and for short term relationships. We all know how attracted a man is by a nice 'butt' and breasts. Women undergo procedures to have the rumps and breasts men want. Their attraction to these features makes a man consider the woman as HOT, not even beautiful or cute and hot women win with men.
It is said you just cannot compare both. Still, majority of boys would go for hot girls/women rather than cute girls/women. Cuteness is adorable but hotness is preferred. Yes, if someone hot is not tasteful to the heart, cute ones would always be preferred. So, I guess I will forever be cute. Are you cute, beautiful, or hot? Here is what is said to make a woman/girl cute:
She evokes a heartwarming feeling. A cute girl makes you feel safe and comfortable to be around. She gives a wholesome and heartwarming feeling. She’s a very good friend, who’s playful with her crush and loves telling jokes and messing around. CHECK
She thrives is a smaller setting. A cute girl is too timid to steal everyone's attention at a party, but she's the one who stands out in a more intimate setting. Everyone wants to be her friend since she's so friendly, approachable, ad trustworthy. If you have a problem or need advice, she's usually the first one you seek. CHECK
She's innocent or a little weird. Cute usually goes with innocent, which is why the word is usually linked with children and pets. However, it doesn't only refer to the girl's looks but also the way she behaves. When she does something or says something a little innocent or weird, you can't help but laugh and say, "Oh my God, you're adorable!" She's not doing this to stand out or to be quirky, it's just the way she is. And we love her for that. CHECK
She's not intimidating. As mentioned before, the cute girl is usually shy and shines better in small settings. She may not be the type of girl that you'd see in a bar and want to hit it off right away. But if you do want to, you'd feel less pressured than when approaching a sexy girl. CHECK
She looks cute. Next on the cute vs hot list, we have appearance. A cute girl looks cute. How do we define a cute appearance? A cute girl wears feminine clothes that enhance her soft features, making her look youthful, but not childish. CHECK

She's a lady in the streets, but a devil in the sheets. She will surprise you with the things she can do when it comes to sex. Because she may look and sound innocence, her sexuality in private may be a welcomed surprise. CHECK
She loves helping others. A Cute girl has a heart of gold. She enjoys helping people. And in a relationship, she's usually the one who takes care of her partner. CHECK
She's a romantic. She's the one who cries while watching romcoms or reading a romance novel that doesn't have a happy ending. Her head is always in her fantasies, where the love of her life is her favorite fictional character. She loves using pet names and being called by pet names. This is also why she has high expectations when it comes to love. Whoever dates her will be a very lucky guy, because he'll get cute texts from her every single day. CHECK

How many checks did you have?

If anything, cute is often preferred when people want to compliment someone, since it carries less emotional significance. Cute Vs. Hot: 16 Unique Traits that Make a Girl Very Sexy or Very Adorable (lovepanky.com)
The hot girl is confident in life and also in the bedroom. She doesn’t mind making the first move and flirting with guys. And she always makes sure that she gets whatever and whoever she likes.
A hot girl exudes sexual appeal. No matter what body shape or what size she is, the hot girl doesn’t mind flaunting her curves.

Passion makes a girl extremely sexy. A hot girl is passionate about everything she does: work, study, life, hobbies, and sex. She’s hard-working and knows exactly what she wants, which might be intimidating, but it helps her eliminate all the men who aren’t good enough for her.
Yes, a hot girl isn’t afraid to show her curves, but she can choose not to and still be sexy. The truth is, a hot girl is hot because she’s hot, not because of some article of clothing *although it can help*. Because once again, beauty is subjective.

Another difference between cute vs. hot is that the cute girl may or may not be opinionated, but a hot girl always stands her ground. She knows what she wants and what she believes in, and she won’t let anyone invalidate her feelings. In the battle of cute vs. hot, the hot girl stands out as someone who is sure of herself and doesn’t care what people think. She does what she likes, follows her dreams, and is not afraid to be herself.
To my surprise, CUTE wins out no matter what others say, in the long run, then hot or beautiful. Usually if a guy calls a girl “cute” it is much more personal and intimate than only the girl being beautiful, because any girl can just be “beautiful”. He might find something endearing or “cute” about you that also goes in hand with your appearance. 

So, thank you to any man or woman who have called me CUTE. I guess it is just my style and essence. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Why The Modern-Day Woman Is Ill and/or Angry

I COME TO PROCLAIM THE GREATNESS AND BUEATY OF WOMEN AND WOMANHOOD Are you a victim of Eve Syndrome? Never heard of this before huh? There i...