Monday, February 20, 2012

Laura Hamilton Shared

Image

I received a response on twitter from this fellow dreadlock wearer which I appreciate very much. She has several pictures of her hair in various stages and colors. I chose two pictures to put on this blog but at the end there is a link where you can follow her journey.

A bit of info… my dreads will be 3 years old next month. They were started by backcombing. No wax, no gloop, no lock peppa, no rubber bands, no plaits…

By about 6 months most of them had fallen out, but gradually they locked themselves up, roughly in the same sections. My hair wasn’t ‘formally’ sectioned. My mate just grabbed bits and backcombed them. I had quite a lot of shrinkage but now there is more growth. Some are still shrinking/folding back up on themselves. I’ve congo’d two together, and currently have another congo on the go (4 dreads). I have a lot of beads… glass, wood, metal… and quite a few wraps made with embroidery thread. Last week I made some dread dangle things with hemp cord and beads. I may make more and sell them. I also have peyote stitches, most I’ve made. One I bought and its freaking awesome.
Image
You can follow Laura Hamilton who submitted these pictures and link for my use on her page which offers tips for all of your dread lock questions. Thanks for taking time to share
http://dreadlocktruth.com/dtforums/topic?f=30&t=8804&sid=64d16b7dd14a45ea577970c524c61a86

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Why The Modern-Day Woman Is Ill and/or Angry

I COME TO PROCLAIM THE GREATNESS AND BUEATY OF WOMEN AND WOMANHOOD Are you a victim of Eve Syndrome? Never heard of this before huh? There i...