Saturday, April 8, 2023

Go On, Google Yourself

Do you believe you have an ego problem if you google yourself just to see what pops up? I mean, we all believe we are the center of the universe right? I mean the world DOES revolve around us. On social media we are exciting, beautiful, fun loving people. Not an ugly one amonst us.

But my children once caught me googling myself and scolded me. They said, "What type of person sits around googling themselves?" I mean the internet is there! Why not give my name the good old spin and see what happens. Well, they google shamed me and I stopped doing it way back in 2011.

But, tell the truth. HAVE YOU GOOGLED YOURSELF? Did you like what you saw? Was there a gorgeous picture of you there for the world to see or the horror of knowing your address is available for ever crazy person out there to see?
Even before the INTERNET we humans have left a footprint wherever we went. We leave impressions dailiy on family, friends, and even strangers. We are not an island of solitude nor does the world revolve around us. But special and unique we remain.

If you have googled your name, do you look good on paper? One RIGHT or one WRONG comment can be life changing living in our era of cancel culture and trolls. A heavy presence on social media can make you or break you.

Google Blac Chyna and get an eye full. She is in the process of transforming herself but the OLD her will remain for all to see when her name Blac Chyna is searched. Being clever (not) she is now going to use her birth name, Angela Renee White, which will be forever linked and pulled up with the name Blac Chyna. She recently earned a doctorate degree from a Bible college. Okay. That's a 180 for the lady.
I said all of ther above to say this: So funny. While trying to set up a gardening page on Facebook (4) Black People Garden Too in Mississippi | Facebook I had to Google the link to my blog page. I had forgotten the exact name of my blog because I had recently changed it and THIS popped up.

ME being quoted for an upcoming movie release in 2012. “The Voice of John: a nurse speaks out on a baby born alive after an abortion.” By Kristi Burton Brown September 27, 2012 , 01:18pm.



I’ve been quoted before in articles, but not a film promo. My friend just recommended my book to someone in which this quote was taken from: “When Will Eve Be Forgiven?” Thanks friend.

What was the reaction from one of my children when I told them about my google search, "Wow! That's crazy!."

Do you realize I couldn't have beamed with pride for at least a week from my name and book being mentioned in connection with a movie release!!!! The window is GONE now! No peacock strut for me! 2012 is a decade gone by. DAMN!

So, even if the world does not reolve around you and you're not the center of the universe, go on do it. Google yourself. Let the people talk.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Why The Modern-Day Woman Is Ill and/or Angry

I COME TO PROCLAIM THE GREATNESS AND BUEATY OF WOMEN AND WOMANHOOD Are you a victim of Eve Syndrome? Never heard of this before huh? There i...