Thursday, April 5, 2012

Angel's Interview: Second Time Around.



Angel.
 22 years young.
 Professional self-proclaimed day dreamer. Ex people pleaser.

We are the only ones standing in our own way when it comes to matters of the heart or what we really want to do and accomplish in our lifetimes. Why sit in misery, mope around and complain about something when all we have to do is put in the foot work to achieve those ambitions.

In September of 2010, I started the journey to my natural crown. Why? Ever since I was young, I’ve always secretly coveted over women with natural hair. It’s gorgeous, versatile, crazy, sexy, cool, sophisticated, and yes, it’s that serious. I love my thick fro, but having big hair just isn’t doing it for me anymore. I would blog stalk anybody who adorned a natural crown and only lusted over the people who had locs. Short, long, cut, curled; whatever the style was, I deemed it to be Jah’s greatest gift to man and only wished that my hair could twist and connect in the same way.

June 26, 2011, I started my first set of locs but it only lasted for five months. The urge to play in my loose hair overcame me since I was severely bored. I regret taking my first set down, but if you don’t succeed, try again. So here is my second set which I am so very proud of. They are perfect to me in all aspects. I can care less about the negativity that I receive for locking my hair again. My only prayer is that I don’t take them out anytime soon. ;-)

***My Commentary***
I love this interview because she gave something (locs, in this case) a second chance. So many times in life we give up on things we want because the first attempt was not what we expected or we began to long for the old; what was familiar. That is okay too. I mean, just reaching out and grasping what you want beats not doing it at all. But, there are times when we need to give things in life a second chance and that's why I like this interview so much.

I am so thankful Angel shared her story with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Why The Modern-Day Woman Is Ill and/or Angry

I COME TO PROCLAIM THE GREATNESS AND BUEATY OF WOMEN AND WOMANHOOD Are you a victim of Eve Syndrome? Never heard of this before huh? There i...