Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tashymatryoshka Interview: Making Lemonade Out of Lemons

Sometimes life throws us a curveball. The unexpected can happen at any given time. There are those that will be crushed by the weight of misfortune and then there are those who can roll with the punches and come out on the other side better for the experience. This is just such a person and situation.                                                                                                                    
I have wanted dreadlocks for a while now, but the reason I decided to do them now is due to severe hair breakage due to bleaching. I had white hair for a while but one day whilst bleaching it as normal some of the hair broke off near the root.

So, I thought that if I dreaded it it would strengthen it until the short bits had grown out. Now I have done it I am totally in love with them and I want to keep them until they are really long. I have since added beads, cuffs and threads to them and I get so many compliments on them, especially from older people!

** my note: People seem to always ask the question: "Why did you do your hair like that?"
I hope the followers of this project are gaining the understanding to the above question. The reason for people deciding to wear locs/dreads is as varied and individual as the wearer themselves, but they all seem to love them no matter their reason for choosing the hairstyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Why The Modern-Day Woman Is Ill and/or Angry

I COME TO PROCLAIM THE GREATNESS AND BUEATY OF WOMEN AND WOMANHOOD Are you a victim of Eve Syndrome? Never heard of this before huh? There i...