Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Russia Ukraine America WAR?

 WILL RUSSIA INVADE UKRAINE?


    My guess is no. Russia enjoys being a threat and could not stand being known for losing a war. While Trump was president, Americans made little noise about Putin. Now with a change in administration, we're ready to fight. I wish it was a law that those elected to Congress, and the presidency had to serve their country in one branch of the Armed Services for one tour of duty.

    America is proud and should be of our large, well-trained military. Men and women across the country enlist voluntarily to defend our shores. But lately they have been paying a cost once they decide to put on their uniform. Families become strained from the absence of the enlistee. PTSD is often the result of being in battle. Even those who do not see battle can be affected being on a high state of alert for months with just the treat of being attacked, killing, or being killed. Then there are those who become physically maimed from combat forever altering their civilian life. And finally, the increase in suicide of military vets once they return home. 
     America enters wars with certainty we will be victorious. But even when we win, we lose. War cripples those who fight for their country and the people who love them. The monetary cost to care for those injured while fighting and suffer long-term health problems is staggering and will increase as we enter more and more wars. 

    There are good reasons to go to war and there are good reasons to avoid war at all costs. If our elected government officials served as soldiers, I believe the call for war will not be thrown around lightly. Other countries have set up that all of its citizens have to give a certain amount of time to be trained in the military (not voluntary). I am also for a mandatory military training period for all Americans so no American will be untrained if a draft is needed again and so civilians won't be rooting for war so quickly. 

    This post is an old post dusted off for this occasion of us being on the ready if Putin invades Ukraine. It was just a day in my life I wanted to share and I'm sharing it again with you today. 

    I was off on another mad adventure. Here I am in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. I was returning from Birmingham. I had no idea Birmingham was that urban. The University Hospital block is amazing. I felt smarter just walking past all of those enormous research buildings.

     As always, some vets hanging outside of the VA made my day by wolf howling at me. If you are ever feeling down and a little unattractive, go to a VA hospital, the men love the ladies there. You will feel a boost to your confidence after leaving (those that it does not offend or make feel threatened). 

      Anyway, as I have said, I am a veteran of the first Gulf War. I actually worked on tanks setting the crosshairs ensuring they hit their target. We were traveling one a day when Alabama had a big football game, and the traffic was crazy. I never saw so many dedicated fans in my life. There was maroon and cream everywhere. The vehicles were overwhelmingly red and white with the flags just a-waving. I enjoyed their enthusiasm. I was pumped too.

     If you notice, I am standing with a cup in my hand at the McDonald's President Ronald Reagan ate at when he visited Tuscaloosa, Alabama. A photo of him and a bust representation is in the window behind me. Cool huh? I have dined with a president. 

     The other picture below is a list of fallen war heroes. The idea that my name could have been engraved on a stone slab somewhere commemorating me as a fallen soldier never seems to stop sending chills up and down my spine. I sweated in the hot Saudia desert in the early spring during the first Gulf War with temperatures reaching 117 degrees listening to bombs exploding nightly 45 miles across a border, ready to serve my country. An experience never to be forgotten. 
    It never ceases to amaze me how pro war people are that are not enlisted in any branch of the armed forces. When someone states openly to you in the future the need for war, ask them for me: "So where have you enlisted at?" 

     There will always be wars and thank goodness we have wonderful men and women willing to volunteer to defend our freedoms, but no one should be rooting with zeal and salivating with bated breath for war.
DON'T FORGET: purchase my book "The Politics of Prayer" available on amazon.com and
CLICK right side of page to follow for my latest posts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Why The Modern-Day Woman Is Ill and/or Angry

I COME TO PROCLAIM THE GREATNESS AND BUEATY OF WOMEN AND WOMANHOOD Are you a victim of Eve Syndrome? Never heard of this before huh? There i...